grub-devel

Re: jpeg image does not show in background

From: Piscium
Subject: Re: jpeg image does not show in background
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 16:40:38 +0100

On 1 October 2010 15:15, Tom Davies <address@hidden> wrote:
> jpg compression does some horrible things to pictures especially if you try
> to resize after cropping or doing anythign to them really.  Why not stay
> with png?

That is a good point. And I might add that it takes only one minute to
convert a file from jpeg to png (manually).

OTOH if someone is looking for a background on the net, there are far
more jpegs than pngs available. And jpeg is supposed to work with
grub2. And today I have some free time or I would not be playing with
grub2!