grub-devel

Re: jpeg image does not show in background

From: Piscium
Subject: Re: jpeg image does not show in background
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 15:34:01 +0100

2010/10/1 Piscium <address@hidden>:

> How to get the main development version (hopefully relatively solid)?
> I suppose with
>    bzr branch xxxx
> but what is xxxx?
>
> The wiki is not that clear. I found this, but am not sure if it is the
> best version:
> http://grub.enbug.org/ExperimentalBranch

OK, I found this in the wiki:
"GRUB 2 is actively developed. If you have problems with it, then
please try the current BZR version (the SVN repository will no longer
be updated) before reporting bugs. NOTE: The BZR repo doesn't support
source-browsing, so you'll need to get a copy of the repo with bzr
branch http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/grub/trunk/grub. "

I guess this is what I need, but I only saw it now because it is
_above_ the "Development" heading.

Under that heading there is an item that says;
  Bazaar Repository
which points to
  https://savannah.gnu.org/bzr/?group=grub
And that is what I saw first.

So one suggestion to improve the wiki page is:
- Put the paragraph I quoted _under_ the  "Development" heading to
make it more prominent.
- Remove the link to https://savannah.gnu.org/bzr/?group=grub as I am
not sure it is helpful, or alternatively explain it better.