grub-devel

LiveCD works only in QEMU!!!

From: Teresa e Junior
Subject: LiveCD works only in QEMU!!!
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 05:09:44 -0300

Hello GRUB development team and others too!

The other day I requested help about using GRUB2 to boot a LiveCD. It
worked for me, indeed, but only in QEMU! If I burn the CD, which is BTW
a CD-RW, I get the following at boot:
hd96 cannot get C/H/S values

It's interesting that, when I try:
  set root='(hd96)'
the error changes to:
  error: no such disk

If I try:
  set root=hd96
I get back the first error.

But in my grub.cfg I have already:
  set root='(hd96)'
and not:
  set root=hd96
which seems more interesting!

  insmod linux
gives the first error too.

  insmod normal
  normal
brings me back to the GRUB prompt, but doesn't change anything.

Trying to use:
  search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set ${iso_uuid}
is difficult to try, for I cannot get the ISO UUID before building the
ISO.

Your help will be very appreciated, for we generally spent hours trying
before asking for help! Now every test requires burning a media and
rebooting!

Best regards!
Teresa e Junior