grub-devel

Re: Guidance on conflicts between GNU GRUB and proprietary software

From: Bogdan
Subject: Re: Guidance on conflicts between GNU GRUB and proprietary software
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 21:55:17 -0700 (PDT)

Another potential solution that I have not seen proposed - GRUB could create
its
own partition in order to reserve space.

> P.S. Does anyone know if the Linux versions of those same proprietary license
> managers abuse the boot track like their Windows behavior?

That's a good point although I don't consider this to be an affront to Windows,
rather it was an affront to proprietary software (which I fully agree with -
but
this particular problem is very silly).

Cheers,
Bogdan