grub-devel

Re: LiveCD bootloader

From: Andreas Born
Subject: Re: LiveCD bootloader
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 17:28:07 +0200

Hi,

we're building our LiveCD with Grub2. You can have a look at the config files we use/generate here: http://salix.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/salix/salix-live/trunk/livegrub2/ The other live stuff in general is here: http://salix.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/salix/salix-live/trunk/ For the buildscript look here (scroll towards the end for the grub2 related stuff): http://salix.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/salix/salix-live/trunk/build-salixlive.sh?revision=1638

There are some issues though:
- Black border displayed around the initial splash screen (maybe fixed in trunk, haven't read so on the maillist) - Starting Grub2 fails on my pretty new desktop (the only such report as far as I'm concerned)
 - Graphics are pretty slow

Andreas