grub-devel

Re: Completely disable graphics support in grub2 x86_64-efi

From: Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: Completely disable graphics support in grub2 x86_64-efi
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 14:26:03 +0200

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 2:02 PM, KESHAV P.R. <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 17:17, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Nicest way would be to implement multiboot for efildr. If I had more time
>> I'd do it myself
>> (and I still might).
> If you plan to implement this I can test it for you in real hardware.
Setting the environment to compile DUET is painful

> I have known about coreboot but I do not want to mess up my bios. DUET
> acts like a uefi wrapper for bios. I used it because no "flashing the
> motherboard" was involved. I do not want to try flashing coreboot to
> my motherboard.

I wouldn't recommend flashing if you don't have a way to recover the
original firmware.
> grub2 efi works fine in my VirtualBox 3.2.8 PUEL. IN edk1 duet it has
> these graphics problems. It works fine in edk2 duet.
I'm a bit lost. Are there any issues with edk2 duet on real hardware?
> Sorry, but i do not have a qemu image because I am using actual
> hardware. I guess you are asking for qemu image of my DUET USB
> pendrive. Can you provide link to instructions on how to create one?
dd if=/dev/sdX of=- bs=1M | bzip2 > usb.img.bz2

--
Regards
Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko

Personal git repository: http://repo.or.cz/w/grub2/phcoder.git