grub-devel

Plans on 1.99 release

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Plans on 1.99 release
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:26:00 +0200

Hello, all. 1.98 was released about half a year ago and it means time is
to release 1.99 soon. There are few patches around which would be pity
if they aren't included in 1.99. Like:
1) RAID-related developpement
2) Legacy menu.lst parser
3) Keyboard layouts and related USB improvements
4) Dynamic menu generation facilities.
5) XZ parts
6) Minix parts
7) NetBSD subpartuition parts
8) Probably few more that I forgot about right now.

My last exam is on 1st of September after which I'll be able to go
through the mail backlog and review the patches.
So the freeze will be on 20th September after which there will be
extensive testing period and 1.99 will be release once we're
sufficiently confident that it contains no major bugs.
The freeze date may be changed to an earlier point in the time if
patches are accepted faster than expected

--
Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko