grub-devel

Re: Big Endian fix patch

From: Doug Nazar
Subject: Re: Big Endian fix patch
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 14:01:46 -0400

 On 2010-07-28 1:42 PM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
I wish the completion would realize that an md device without partitions
(so no partition table) should not complete with a ','.  Not sure how
doable that is.

I was just looking at that. In disk/raid.c:129 we set the flag that tells the system to try looking for partitions. I've been debating whether to add code to disk/raid.c to detect if there actually is a partition table (by probing for all known partition types) or fix the tab completion code to offer a ')' also instead of assuming you want a partition.

I'm not sure of the GRUB design philosophy, but the first option might be considered a layering violation. Maybe grub_device_open() should check and then clear the flag if it doesn't have a table.

Doug