grub-devel

Re: grub2 on power6 box.

From: Lennart Sorensen
Subject: Re: grub2 on power6 box.
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:08:01 -0400

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 01:46:57PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> Hmm.  Neat.  I will give that a try.
>
> So with /dev/sda4 a fat partition, I still didn't have any luck with:
>
> boot hd:4,\grub
>
> I just get:
>
> 0 > boot hd:4,\grub  ok
>

> 0 >

So right now I have this state:

If I go to the open firmware prompt and do:

devalias hd /address@hidden/pci1014,address@hidden/sas/address@hidden
boot hd

Then I can boot the grub image I dd'd to the /dev/sda1 PReP boot
partition.  I can then boot linux after loading the configfile manually
(grub doesn't seem to know /dev/sda4 is where to look for it since it
booted from /dev/sda1 I guess).

The devalias won't stay across reboots (Rather annoying).

So I can now boot from disk with some manual intervention.  That's getting
really close then.

--
Len Sorensen