grub-devel

Re: UEFI Boot with Grub-Experimental

From: stephen
Subject: Re: UEFI Boot with Grub-Experimental
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 10:10:28 -0700

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

After trying terminal_output, the computer screen would simply go black
and the machine would hang (the numlock key would not respond) after the
terminal_output gfx command was executed; this would happen regardless
of whether or not set gfxmode was called before.

I also have just tried the efi_video_info patch; the system reports:

GOP info:
List of video modes:
0: 1024 x 768, bitonly, scan line 1024
Current mode: 0

Do i need to pass this information on to the kernel somehow?

Thanks.