grub-devel

Re: Web site redesign

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: Web site redesign
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 16:08:13 +0100

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 04:17:08PM +0200, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
wrote:
> On 06/07/2010 11:09 PM, Colin Watson wrote:
> > I just committed a couple of typo fixes to the website, and suddenly the
> > redesign you committed back in February went live, rather to my surprise
> > when the page I was editing vanished.  I guess the GNU admins fixed the
> > commit trigger!
> >
> > Now people are reporting some dead links.  I fixed up
> > http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/grub-legacy.en.html by restoring
> > grub-legacy-support.en.html, but Jordan Uggla reported a link to
> > grub-2.en.html on the front page which is now dead.  I wasn't actually
> > intending to get involved in a web site redesign.  Now that changes
> > appear to be going live in a timely fashion, do you think you could fix
> > this up?
>
> Apparently Bruce is busy right now. Could you then revert the changes
> that broke website and send the patch of changes you reverted to ML?
> This way we keep a record of it but it doesn't stall you.

Bruce actually replied, but I see now that he only did so by private
mail and not to the list.  I'll respect his preferences and not copy his
mail back to the list, but he's made a couple of commits to fix some
broken links.  Doesn't look like there's any need to revert at this
point.

Cheers,