grub-devel

Re: grub2 back to lilo ?

From: BVK Chaitanya
Subject: Re: grub2 back to lilo ?
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 08:02:22 +0530

I tend to agree.  IIRC, with grub-legacy (on debian), we could simply
add any user customizations at the end of the menu.lst (after auto
generated list markers) which would remain there even after
update-grub operations.  Thus user had an easier way to add his
customizations (without even need to run update-grub).

With GRUB2 that simplicity is not there anymore.  User has to add his
customizations in two places, /etc/grub.d/40_custom and
/etc/default/grub  Also, he has to run update-grub after any changes.
IMO we need to fix this usecase ASAP.

--
bvk.chaitanya