grub-devel

Re: RTL Languages support

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: RTL Languages support
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 10:52:51 +0200

Yaron Shahrabani wrote:

>     Be sure to use gfxterm (insmod vbe; loadfont /unifont.pf2) because VGA
>     doesn't support any non-ASCII characters.

This should have been insmod vbe; loadfont /unifont.pf2; terminal_output
gfxterm
> I got into some building problems
> I installed flex and bison becuase I didn't have them and tried to
> build using "make"
> I got the following error:
> make: *** No rule to make target `grub_script.tab.h', needed by
> `all-local'.  Stop.
I've just successfully compiled it. Procedure is:
Cleaning:
bzr clean-tree --ignored
bzr clean-tree
Building:
./autogen.sh
./configure
make

Installing:
sudo make install
sudo grub-install /dev/sda

Be sure to have a LiveCD under the hand when booting experimental grub.
If it still fails can you tell your autotools versions and post complete
build log?