grub-devel

GRUB2 for UEFI crashes at startup when we got 8 gigabyte of memory

From: gburanov
Subject: GRUB2 for UEFI crashes at startup when we got 8 gigabyte of memory
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 03:53:27 -0400

In Febryary I was testing GRUB for UEFI and noticed that it was simply crashing.

See topic
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2010-02/msg00000.html

At that time I blamed incorrect UEFI implementation on that computer (cause it
worked fine on another one), but now I noticed that when I took off one memory
stick, everything is working fine on that special computer!!!!

So, it seems that GRUB2 is crashing on computers with  8 gb of memory (or more?)

Is it known bug? Are there workarounds?

--
This message was sent on behalf of address@hidden at openSubscriber.com
http://www.opensubscriber.com/messages/address@hidden/topic.html