grub-devel

i'll give you 5$: i want password1 -> OS1, password2 -> OS2 (NO menu)

From: Joe Yule
Subject: i'll give you 5$: i want password1 -> OS1, password2 -> OS2 (NO menu)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 14:30:37 -0600

i .."want" / request (/ etc) such a feature (even if just a script(?) or somesuch for my personal use) very soon - it is for a computer i am sending out & my only alternative is TrueCrypt, would require some crippling compromises... here is the request (can i offer money? (5$.. not much)):

can someone help code something that makes GRUB show a password prompt instead of a menu, & if password 1 is entered, OS1 boots, & if password 2 is entered, OS2 gets the boot?  my two OSes are Windows 7 & Windows 7.  thanks

joe