grub-devel

Re: [Patch] [bug #26237] multiple problems with usb devices

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: [Patch] [bug #26237] multiple problems with usb devices
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 22:46:51 +0200

Aleš Nesrsta wrote:
> Hello,
>
> according to e-mail from Vladimir Serbinenko I am sending patch related
> to (mostly) OHCI problem (bug #26237).
> Workaround related to grub_memalign problem is removed from patch
> because Vladimir Serbinenko wrotes that it will be corrected.

First of all big thanks for debugging this important aspect. And sorry
for being busy lately.

-  GRUB_OHCI_REG_RHUBA = 18,
-  GRUB_OHCI_REG_RHUBPORT = 21
+  GRUB_OHCI_REG_FRAME_REMAINING,
+  GRUB_OHCI_REG_FRAME_NUMBER,
+  GRUB_OHCI_REG_PERIODIC_START,
+  GRUB_OHCI_REG_LS_TRESHOLD,
+  GRUB_OHCI_REG_RHUB_DESC_A,

Please avoid register renaming unless original ones are misnomers. If
they are I would prefer renaming to be a separate patch.

-  grub_ohci_td_t td_list;
+  grub_ohci_td_t td_list ;
This change is spurious

+   * So we should:
+   * - allow WritebackDoneHead interrupt (WDH) by proper setting of last TD
+   *   token - it is done above in transaction settings
+   * - detect setting of WDH bit in HcInterruptStatus register
+   * - compare HccaDoneHead value with address of last-1 TD. If it is not
+   *   equal, check ED for halt and if not so, reset WDH bit and wait again
+   *   - but it should not happen - debug it!
Are the comments from you or any part copied from spec. We need no copy from
spec as spec is available anyway and sentences copied from it may cause
copyright problems
+/* Self commenting... */
Such comments should be removed, but an empty line at this point would be nice
+  err_sense = grub_scsi_request_sense (scsi);
+  /* err_sense is ignored for now and Request Sense Data also... */
When you ignore an error you need to clean grub_errno.
Sth like
if (!err)
  grub_errno = GRUB_ERR_NONE;
     grub_scsi_cmd_inquiry = 0x12,
+    grub_scsi_cmd_test_unit_ready = 0x00,
Please keep this list sorted.
-#define GRUB_USB_FEATURE_ENDP_HALT     0x01
-#define GRUB_USB_FEATURE_DEV_REMOTE_WU 0x02
-#define GRUB_USB_FEATURE_TEST_MODE     0x04
+#define GRUB_USB_FEATURE_ENDP_HALT     0x00
+#define GRUB_USB_FEATURE_DEV_REMOTE_WU 0x01
Why do you need to change these constants? Were they wrong?
Tomorrow I'll test your patch on both UHCI and OHCI.

+#define GRUB_USB_FEATURE_TEST_MODE     0x02
     grub_scsi_cmd_read_capacity = 0x25,
+