grub-devel

keyboard layouts

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: keyboard layouts
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 23:45:17 +0000

Hello,

I have been one month and something without doing lot of Grub things. I
think that last time that I did something was going/coming from Fosdem
:-/

Hopefully soon I can finish the keyboard layouts. See my branch:
sftp://address@hidden/srv/bzr/grub/people/cpina/keyboard_layouts/

Or my attached patch.

Right now (and this needs a change) the modules at_keyboard and
usb_keyboard doesn't need the at_keyboard_layouts and
usb_keyboard_layouts (they have the default layout hardcoded).

If the user loads usb_keyboard_layouts, usb_keyboard gets loaded (same
with AT).

Vladimir suggested, to simplify (usb_keyboard_layouts and
at_keyboard_layouts are mainly the same with some defines) that
usb_keyboard should depend on keyboard_layouts (generic) and at_keyboard
should depen on keyboard_layouts (generic as well).
Vladimir: is it what you suggested? Was some time ago...

I didn't like a lot because in some circumstancies maybe we don't want
layouts at all (some users, environments, etc.)

Vladimir liked (if I remember correctly) to avoid having two modules
(instead of only one).

I have the feeling that I'm biased and I've ate some vladimir reason :-/

I'll do the changes when we will agree.

Cheers,

--
Carles Pina i Estany