grub-devel

Re: pointers to bzr location

From: Bruce Dubbs
Subject: Re: pointers to bzr location
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:05:58 -0600

Colin Watson wrote:
On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 08:39:45AM -0600, Dustin Kirkland wrote:
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/grub-2-download.en.html
led me to
http://savannah.gnu.org/bzr/?group=grub

which says:

  Anonymous read-only access
  bzr branch http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/grub
  .
Note: these paths are the default paths. Maybe the project is using a different layout.

Indeed, this did not work:

$ bzr branch http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/grub
bzr: ERROR: Not a branch: "http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/grub/.bzr/branch/": location is a repository.

The correct URL for the trunk is:

  http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/grub/trunk/grub

You can guess this by looking at the first URL in a web browser.
Unfortunately the text on Savannah is autogenerated by the Savannah
software, and I don't think we can change it.  Maybe it would be best to
copy the text onto
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/grub-2-download.en.html and correct it?

I already did this in a complete rewrite of the web site. It seems to commit fine to cvs, but the site never got updated. I thought the site autogenerated from cvs head, but It didn't work.

  -- Bruce