grub-devel

gfxmenu status? [was: Serial and graphical console at the same time]

From: Michal Suchanek
Subject: gfxmenu status? [was: Serial and graphical console at the same time]
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:50:15 +0100

On 18 February 2010 01:48, Colin Watson <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 05:37:16PM -0700, Joey Korkames wrote:
>> Christian Auby writes:
>>> How would I go about setting up grub2 with both serial console and
>>> graphical console?
>>
>> You can't run simultaneous consoles with a stock grub2 build.
>> The experimental branch does support it though:
>> http://robertmh.wordpress.com/2009/12/25/multiple-grub-terminals/#comment-520
>
> The relevant code was merged into trunk on 2010-01-09.

How does the gfxmenu work in this case?

And how does it work in the simpler cases, anyway?

Is there some documentation or at least samples?

Everywhere it's said the menu is MVC based. I am not expert on MVC but
I don't see anything remotely reminiscent of MV separation, the wiki
pages describe just a UI toolkit without most of the MVC parts.

Thanks

Michal