grub-devel

Re: Simplified Chinese screenshots

From: Bruce Dubbs
Subject: Re: Simplified Chinese screenshots
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 16:54:31 -0600

Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
Hi,

On Feb/01/2010, Chris Jones wrote:
On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 04:32:14PM EST, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
Hi,

Aron Xu sent me some screenshots of Grub booting time in Chinese:

http://carles.lastdot.org/Screenshot-QEMU.png
http://carles.lastdot.org/Screenshot-QEMU-1.png
http://carles.lastdot.org/Screenshot-QEMU-2.png
Thanks for posting this -- quite impressive. It would be nice to
upload a few such multi-lingual screenshots to a grub-gallery section
of the wiki, don't you think..?

When more translations will be done I will consider/do it. If someone
wants to do please go ahead :-)

Nice to see that there are users who are able to do some useful stuff
with the new grub, especially since lately, I have seen a couple of
trolls spreading some pretty inane FUD about the new grub on the
debian-user mailing list.

I haven't read the insane FUD(s). One important thing that we are on it
(Bruce I think) is writing documentation. Ok, we usually don't like it,
but the time spent writting http://grub.enbug.org/TestGettext payedback
very fast with the screenshots and I hope that more translators testing
the translations... and people understanding a bit how it works or how
to test it.

Yes, I'm working on documentation, but am concentrating on user level docs. Programing documentation is another matter.

Progress is slow due to outside commitments, but I'm close to updating all the web (not wiki) pages.

  -- Bruce