grub-devel

Re: [RFC] Multiboot ammendment: non-VBE video

From: Isaac Dupree
Subject: Re: [RFC] Multiboot ammendment: non-VBE video
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 11:35:09 -0500

Robert Millan wrote:
In this case color_info is defined as following:

I'd appreciate if a native English speaker confirms this, but I believe
this should say "as follows" (same for the other instances of this
construct).

"as follows" reads naturally to me, as a native speaker (also checked: online dictionaries mention the phrase "as follows" without saying it's specific to my area -- northeast U.S. -- so I think it's right to use)

address@hidden contains address of array of
@samp{framebuffer_palette_num_colors} following structures:

There seems to be some word missing here.

"the following structures"?
"as follows" would also work well if "structures" isn't an important word to keep? wait, it's like saying "array of 3 following structures", each of the same type. hmm. "@samp{framebuffer_palette_num_colors} structures as follows"?

-Isaac