grub-devel

Re: grub.info

From: Bruce O. Benson
Subject: Re: grub.info
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 21:39:40 -0500

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Bruce Dubbs <address@hidden> wrote:
Bruce O. Benson wrote:

If I:
- ...merged the contents of both existing documents into a new one...
- ...that adhered to the outline you enumerated...
- ...assigned copyright to FSF...
- ...rendered in texi, html, and pdf.

...Would that be useful for someone to check in to trunk/docs?  I don't
wanna get deep into a piece of work like that if it's not wanted.

Well I volunteered to do the texi.  That's not my favorite format, but it's the Gnu standard.  If I was choosing formats, I'd do it in XML and generate text, html, and pdf from the same source.

Currently I've been studying code to try to get the appropriate background for the texi, but I do have a preliminary text file started, but it really is only an outline right now.  I don't have a schedule established. but was thinking I'd have sometihng for review in the next month or two.

Someone on the list can chime in if they want and are able to check my work in to svn (in whole or part).  Then I can release copyright.