grub-devel

multi-terminal in experimental

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: multi-terminal in experimental
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 17:39:09 +0100

Hello, all. Today I merged multi-terminal by Robert (multi-input) and me
(multi-output) into experimental. One menu viewer instance is created
per output. This prompted for changing a bit a syntax for gfxmenu. Now
gfxmenu is attempted if 3 conditions are met:
-gfxmenu.mod is loaded. Do we need autoloading?
-output terminal is gfxterm
-theme variable is set.
menuviewer variable isn't used anymore
Another benefit is that now pressing 'e' in gfxmenu instead of doing
nothing (since graphical editor is unavailable) calls normal editor. In
future we may want to add few decorations (like how we render text with
instructions or the text to be edited) when editor is running together
with gfxmenu but it's not necessary.

Low-quality jpg screenshot with gfxmenu is attached (high-quality is
available on request)
Another screenshot is presented on Robert's blog.

Happy holidays to everyone.

--
Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko