grub-devel

grub_error messages

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: grub_error messages
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 22:19:16 +0000

Hi,

This comes from "gettext: commands/*" thread, but I feel that it's
already far from gettext :-)

Doing, in Grub:
grep grub_error commands/*

I would say that there are more strings without capitalization and
without full stop than with.

Then, two questions:
a) How we want these strings? I'll do a patch, but I prefer to agree
before

b) At beginning I thought that we would not gettext error messages, but
I see that lot of these messages appears to the end user. Do we gettext
using N_(" ") and then where it's printed I use _(" ") ? I would say
yes.

Thanks,

--
Carles Pina i Estany