grub-devel

Re: gettext: normal/*

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: Re: gettext: normal/*
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 01:36:19 +0000

Hi,

On Dec/07/2009, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:

> > IME, if it's not difficult to get rid of it, it better to do it for
> > safety, because it's a common translator mistake.
>
> I will remove the spaces. Only in one place is not straight but it's
> not difficult.

Done in the attached patch.

Can someone take a look in the patch again?
It's the same than previously in this thread but with some change (added
grub_ in a exported function) and in grub_normal_print_device_info I've
changed some messages like:

-                   grub_printf (", Label %s", label);
+                   grub_printf_ (N_("- Label %s"), label);

-                 grub_printf (", Last modification time %d-%02d-%02d "
-                              "%02d:%02d:%02d %s",
+                 grub_printf_ (N_("- Last modification time
%d-%02d-%02d "
+                              "%02d:%02d:%02d %s"),

using "-" instead of "," makes it easier for the translators because it
doesn't pretend to be a sentence but only different items in an
enumeration.

Thanks,

--
Carles Pina i Estany