grub-devel

Re: var=foo should be valid?

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: Re: var=foo should be valid?
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 00:04:51 +0000

Hi,

On Dec/04/2009, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Dec/04/2009, Robert Millan wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 06:39:36PM +0000, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> > > (first one has a bug but very easy to fix, even thought I would maybe
> > > refactor this code to implement in other way)
> >
> > Can you give more details about this bug and the refactor that would be
> > needed?
>
> Find attached the simple patch (without refactoring) (it resets
> grub_errno _before_ grub_env_set, because grub_env_set calls the hooked
> functions).

We should fix it. We have three options (maintaining the current
behaviour for the user):

a) simple_patch (just swapping that two lines)

b) refactoring patch (calls the same function with set as command and
the passed command as arguments, etc. should be possible but I haven't
implemented)

c) play with the grammatic of the language instead of fallback in the
execution of the each line. Not sure how feasible it is since I haven't
look into it.

a) would be the patch that I attached, b) I would do it in a couple of
days, hopefully. c) I would not do it for quite long time and I think
that some other people could fix it.

If we go for c) maybe we could commit a) as a temporary fix waiting for
some other changes in teh grammar. Even, for c) would be nice to have
the unit tests to see if we break other things.

Thanks,

--
Carles Pina i Estany
        http://pinux.info