grub-devel

Re: [RFC] Dynamic device.map

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: [RFC] Dynamic device.map
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:12:58 +0100

Am Donnerstag, den 10.12.2009, 01:55 +0100 schrieb Robert Millan:
> But first we'd need to figure out what we do with the "set root=xxx"
> backward compatibility hack.  Has it been a while long enough that
> we can remove support for GRUB installs that didn't come with UUID
> support?

Well we still have Arthur Marsh' bug open that search --fs-uuid fails
with right UUID even though ls (hdx,y) shows it.

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?26834
Also on Debian BTS and Launchpad.

The good thing though is that only a grub_errno = GRUB_ERR_NONE; needs
to be commited to have this fixed.
Unfortunately he attached the full kern/device.c to the report not the
patch Vladimir made for him.

--
Felix Zielcke
Proud Debian Maintainer and GNU GRUB developer