grub-devel

Re: autogen.sh warnings

From: Bruce Dubbs
Subject: Re: autogen.sh warnings
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 17:07:57 -0600

Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
Bruce Dubbs wrote:
I'm not sure GRUB uses or needs the output of config.rpath.  I was
just suppressing a warning.

Just suppressing warning is a wrong approach. If warning is there it
usually means there is a reason for it. And the reason should be
corrected, we shouldn't just silence the warning. It's better to leave
the warning if you're unsure how to fix its reason.

I agree. Please see my follow on message I sent a few minutes ago. The underlying reason for the warning is using automake for a side effect and not its intended purpose.

  -- Bruce