grub-devel

[solved] Re: USB device not seen by grub

From: Chris Jones
Subject: [solved] Re: USB device not seen by grub
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 21:26:57 -0500

On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 05:52:37PM EST, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
wrote:

[..]

> This is just module loading. I guess your terminal is slow which causes
> an enormous slowback when loading module. You can using

> debug=usb,uhci,ohci
> instead of
> debug=all

I was able to boot the partition I had copied over to the USB stick after
this:

grub:> debug=uhci,ohci,usbms
grub:> insmod uhci
grub:> insmod usbms
grub:> debug=

Why do I have to enable tracing to make it work?

Also, is there any way I can run the grub command line on a system
that's already booted, so I can explore its possibities in a context
where I have internet access, browse documentation, etc..?

Thanks,

CJ