grub-devel

Re: Customization of GRUB2

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: Customization of GRUB2
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 22:30:06 +0100

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 01:49:07PM -0800, Seth Goldberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I'm going to make an unpopular suggestion, so feel free to tell me to
> take a hike, but I think Bruce's question highlights a very important
> point-- the documentation that we have for GRUB2 at this point is very
> poor.  In order to continue to get new users to use GRUB2, we need
> quality documentation at least initially written by the people who
> authored the code.  User documentation is at least as important as the
> multitude of features that are pouring in, and I think we'll see a
> dramatic uptake of GRUB2 as well as a more-satisfied userbase with
> comprehensive documentation.  Feel free to flame me, but this is my
> opinion.

Seth,

Feel free to speak your mind :-)

And I think it's a very nice idea and would be cool if everyone followed
it, but we can't make a rule out of this.  If it was mandatory for new code,
contributors might feel encumbered by it, and it could stall development.

Then again, whenever someone comes with code in one hand and docs in the
other, that effort has all my appreciation ;-)

--
Robert Millan