grub-devel

Re: Customization of GRUB2

From: Bruce Dubbs
Subject: Re: Customization of GRUB2
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 17:36:23 -0600

Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
Bruce Dubbs wrote:
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:

Could you help us with documenting grub better? Patches against texinfo
manual are welcome

I may be able to do that, however, I need to learn it myself.

Are there and specifications, design documents, examples, or other
places that I can look at to better understand GRUB2 menu customization?

And of course you can ask question especially when writing texinfo
documentation for us.

OK.  I'll start the research process.

And also be sure not to use external articles
except ones written by grub authors without priorly saying so and
obtaining ok from maintainer

Well I have already written:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter06/grub.html
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter08/grub.html