grub-devel

Re: gettext: normal_menu.c

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: Re: gettext: normal_menu.c
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 01:24:17 +0000

Hi,

On Nov/28/2009, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:

> Find attached the patch and ChangeLog for normal_menu.c

new version with two improvements:
a) uses grubcharwidth to calculate the width of the string (for the
characters that doesn't have any width, etc.). This has to be consistent
with GRUB_TERM_WIDTH.

b) ensure that strings that doesn't fit in one line will be correctly
handled and indented. This can happen in languages where the separator
is not a space. I've checked if there is some unicode character to say
"word separator" and I didn't find, so it adds the newline wherever is
fine for the terminal width.

Question: getstringwidth should be in normal/menu_text.c like it's now
or in kern/term.c like grub_getchardwidth.

Some suggestions before committing?

Thanks,

--
Carles Pina i Estany