grub-devel

Re: gettext: --no-hash in msgmft

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: gettext: --no-hash in msgmft
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 13:52:38 +0100

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 12:31:45PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> If nothing else, one could use something like 'msgunfmt - | msgfmt
> --no-hash -'; but I'd expect that we'd want to generate separate .mo
> files for /boot/grub anyway, since we don't need strings from util/ in
> there.

Yes, we'd probably want to make two domains: grub and grub-kernel or
whatever.

To avoid having two domains, we could try to have the strings for both utils
and kernel in just one po file (like now) but generate a temporary pot file
with just the kernel strings. Merging the full pos against this pot would
discard many strings, and compiling those temporary po files (w/o a hash)
would get rid of the unused strings.

--
Jordi Mallach PĂ©rez  --  Debian developer     http://www.debian.org/
address@hidden     address@hidden     http://www.sindominio.net/