grub-devel

Re: fonts for gfxmenu, help needed

From: Michal Suchanek
Subject: Re: fonts for gfxmenu, help needed
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 17:04:59 +0100

2009/11/25 feng shu <address@hidden>:
> 2009/11/25 Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko <address@hidden>:
>> Michal Suchanek wrote:

>>> Also if worse comes to worst Indic, Arabic or Hebrew can be feasibly
>>> written in Latin, Chinese cannot.
>>>
>> pinyin. I know it's disagreable to read for native speakers, but it's
>> similar for Arabic.
>
> show grub menu with pinyin?  it is very very stupid.

I guess most people in Europe simply don't understand that pinyin is
unreadable.

Fortunately, displaying Chinese characters should be well within the
capabilities of current gfxterm although the font is likely poor
quality.

Any testers who can tell the difference between commonly used Chinese
fonts and GNU Unifont are welcome.

Thanks

Michal