grub-devel

Re: merging of gettext branch

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: merging of gettext branch
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 22:26:36 +0100

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 06:45:19PM +0000, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
>    /* NOTE: Do not remove the trailing space characters.
>       They are required to clear the line.  */
> -  char *msg = "   The highlighted entry will be booted automatically in %ds.
>    ";
> +  const char *msg = _("   The highlighted entry will be booted automatically
> in %ds.    ");
>    char *msg_end = grub_strchr (msg, '%');

This string isn't suitable for translation in its current state.  Someone
should split the "trailing space hack" from the actual translatable string
first.

(I suggest that you just exclude this from your initial merge, it can be
fixed later when we want to enable it).

> +  if (locale_dir == NULL)
> +    {
> +      grub_printf ("locale_dir variable is not setted up.");
> +      return;
> +    }

s/setted/set/g

The rest is fine.  Once this is fixed it can be merged in trunk.  Nice
work, Carles.

--
Robert Millan