grub-devel

Re: gfxmenu available in experimental

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: gfxmenu available in experimental
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 19:07:37 +0100

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 04:43:57PM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 11:17:51PM +0100, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder'
> Serbinenko wrote:
> > Example menu is available at
> > http://grub.gibibit.com/files/overlay_2009-07-19.tar.gz
>
> Colin, we would need to know more details about the theme support files.
>
> Are all the theme files in that tarball written by you?  Which images did
> you make yourself?  I'm specially interested in the terminal-box ones.
>
> Also, of the files that you made yourself, I'm considering that we could
> use them in order to make a default GRUB theme.  Were they intended to be
> merged in GRUB?  (i.e. can we assume that they are covered under your
> contributor agreement?)

I'm thinking that it'd be best to let distributors handle this.  If you can
just grab the files (both theme files and images) in that tarball made by
yourself and put them under an appropiate license (i.e. anything compatible
with GPLv3), then we could just package them up and push them to Debian.

--
Robert Millan