grub-devel

grub-mkrescue and hard links

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: grub-mkrescue and hard links
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 22:22:57 +0000

Hello,

grub-mkrescue is trying to execute cp -dpRl (l for link). If the origin
and destination directories are in different file systems this fails.

We could do a symbolic link (-s), detect if it's in the same device,
etc. but I think that just copying is enough and this optimization could
have other problems (like some utilites doesn't follow symbolic links,
etc.)

Small patch attached.

--
Carles Pina i Estany