grub-devel

Handling of translations

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Handling of translations
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:20:16 +0100

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 09:39:59PM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> Note to translators: Code needs to be prepared before we're ready to
> accept new translations.  We'll need your help, but not yet!  :-)

We need to decide what to do about translators though. The GNU way is
to delegate this to the Translation Project. This helps having translations
disclaimed, and the GRUB release manager only needs to sync the po tree with
the latest files from the TP prior to a release, or periodically as they
find convenient.

See http://translationproject.org/html/maintainers.html for some interesting
info for upstream authors.

--