grub-devel

Re: Feature request: network devices

From: mardok45
Subject: Re: Feature request: network devices
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:28:25 -0500

Are you talking about Grub legacy?  I would like to use Grub2 just for the sake of being up-to-date.

What needs to be added to Grub2 to be able to boot via TFTP?  I can't make any promises, but I would like to see if I can add the features myself as a side project (when I'm not busy with school).

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 2:40 AM, Vasily Averin <address@hidden> wrote:
mardok45 wrote:
> I'm attempting to load Grub2 off a DHCP server with Macintosh's
> (PowerPC) Netboot.
>
> I am able to boot Grub2, but it gives me the following errors:
>
> error: no such disk
> Unsupported type network for device last-boot
> Unsupported type network for device last-boot
> error: no such disk

I've used grub from bean's git repository and lightly patched it to add memdisk
module for efi.
Then I've created grub.efi binary with embed grub.cfg and embed disk with kernel
image.