grub-devel

Urgend help needed: grub2 overwrote my encrypted hd0 mbr installing ubun

From: Thomas Höhenleitner
Subject: Urgend help needed: grub2 overwrote my encrypted hd0 mbr installing ubuntu 9.10 on a USB stick
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 17:23:02 +0100

Yes, yes yes - it is my fault and very sorry sorry asking for your attention.

HERE IS MY QUESTION: Does grub2 save the overwritten mbr anyhow so that I can write it back with dd? Please please could you give me a hint if there is a backup of the mbr.

I need my pc tomorrow morning for my work. So it is really urgent.

Thomas