grub-devel

Re: grub as coreboot payload

From: Andreas B. Mundt
Subject: Re: grub as coreboot payload
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 08:43:55 +0100

Hi Robert,

>Is that coreboot v2 or v3?

coreboot v2, v3 seems to be kind of depreciated and merged into v2.

>Which module selection?

I chose the modules as given in the wiki
( http://grub.enbug.org/CoreBoot ), topic "Building Coreboot with
GRUB2 payload" near the bottom of the page.

First I tried to run corboot on real hardware with modules:

MODULES="normal ls cat help ext2 iso9660 reiserfs xfs fat pc gpt ata
serial memdisk multiboot linux minicmd configfile search tar
at_keyboard"

as stated at the top of the wiki page. After this failed, I tried as
explained with qemu and the iso-image (box at bottom of wiki page),
because this worked for me a few months ago.

>Did you check the local console? :-)

What do you mean with local console? Nothing appeared on the qemu
screen, so I switched (ctrl-alt-3) to qemu's serial console.

Regards,

        Andi