grub-devel

Re: bazaar mirror available

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: bazaar mirror available
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 14:36:56 +0200

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 04:40:06PM +0200, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
> What's preventing of using it as a main repository? This should allow
> easy resync

Historically, it's been very hard for us to reach consensus on which revision
control system to use.  When we settled on SVN, it happened because we were
all fed up with CVS, not because it completely satisfied everyone.  In fact,
it was Bean who proposed it, even if he used GIT himself at the time!

Other developers were unsatisfied with this decision, but chose not to object
to it just so we could get rid of CVS.

Since a very wide consensus was reached, and it was so hard to archieve it,
I'm very reluctant to push for Bazaar as our trunk repository unless everyone
agrees this is what we want.

Personally, I prefer if we did this switch, but I also think SVN does a good
job at managing a trunk.  I don't mind living with it for the time being.

When I feel something is important, I don't hesitate to use my authority as
maintainer, but in this case I don't consider it necessary.  That said, if
I see consensus that we should switch to Bazaar as main repository, I won't
be the one to stop it.

--
Robert Millan