grub-devel

Re: [GITGRUB] Support PXE option and new command pxecfg

From: Bean
Subject: Re: [GITGRUB] Support PXE option and new command pxecfg
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 01:20:19 +0800

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 12:47 AM, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Bean wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 11:26 PM, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello. Could you send this as a patch?
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> This function depends on my menu branch, it can't be applied to svn
>> head, so patch file is not very useful.
>>

> Could you explain me why PXE depends on menu?

Hi,

The pxecfg command use the the same config file parser as menu.

>>> Why can't this be exported unconditionally on pxe system startup?
>>>

>> Right, perhaps we can export PXE_IP, PXE_MAC and PXE_150 by default,
>> but this function is also useful in case we need to use other string
>> option.
>>

> Is it possible just enumerate all available options and export them to
> PXE.<option name> similarly to how we treat FreeBSD environment

Most DHCP option are binary format, only string option can be exported
as variable.

>>> What's wrong with standard if? I would prefer to extend "if" if
>>> necessary rather than having ad-hoc command for every condition (later
>>> is inexpandable)
>>>

>> IIRC the test command can't compare partial string.
>>

> We need an improvement to test command then. What about having
> test <string> -regexp <regexp>

I think that's a little overkill, regular expression parser can be
quite complex.

--
Bean

gitgrub home: http://github.com/grub/grub/