grub-devel

Using network informations from PXE as grub2 enviroment variables

From: Aleš Kapica
Subject: Using network informations from PXE as grub2 enviroment variables
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 13:42:09 +0200

Dear friends,

You have missunderstood my previous post from Thu, 15 Oct 2009 08:52:01 +0200
when I post patch, which fixies problem with identification of the booting
machine in network by IP address.
The following discussion have nothing to do with my post. I want to clarify
porpose of my patch.

Nobody can't use options 150 from DHCP, because GRUB2 don't have any driver for
network adapters. Network task are done only through adapters PXE firmware. PXE
passes informations only about IP addresses, but no DHCP options.

In current state these informations is possible only to list, that means that
they aren't a part of the grubs environment.
My patch solve this. Now is this possible to set PXE informations as grubs
environment variables, and use in them in grub.cfg for identification of the
booting machine.

Is there any problem with adding of my patch?

Aleš Kapica