grub-devel

Re: Patch for export IP addresses from PXE into grub2 enviroment variabl

From: Seth Goldberg
Subject: Re: Patch for export IP addresses from PXE into grub2 enviroment variables
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 01:04:52 -0700 (PDT)

Having the Client IP avaible inside grub.cfg might be useful for some.
Then you could have one grub.cfg for all your machines and if one or a
small number of it needs some special stuff, you could just check for
the IP inside the grub.cfg. Then you don't need to use a seperate one
for them.

 Please, no.  That's terribly non-scalable for a large number of
clients (enterprise deployments).  We definitely need a solution that
includes the configuration file to use as a DHCP option.

One doesn't prevent another. And then it will be up to administrator to
choose the way they want their system to work

  As long as we have the choice, that's fine with me.

 --S