grub-devel

Re: grub2pxe give a specific cfg file per host

From: Seth Goldberg
Subject: Re: grub2pxe give a specific cfg file per host
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 11:57:18 -0700 (PDT)

Quoting Yoann Moulin, who wrote the following on Wed, 14 Oct 2009:

Hi,

I'm testing grub2pxe and I'd like to know if it's possible to give
different configfile (diff that grub.cfg) per host/mac address such as
pxelinux does with mac address detection.
option-150 was used for that before but seem to not be implemented with
grub2

I'd like to do something like into the dhcpd.conf file:

host test1 {
hardware ethernet 00:1c:42:01:f8:18;
fixed-address test1.local;
filename "grub2pxe";
option option-150 "/boot/grub/test1.cfg";
}

This is something that's absolutely essential to our customers. It's something we rely on in Legacy GRUB and it's something that we'll need in GRUB2 when we make the transition.

 --S