grub-devel

Re: [GITGRUB] New menu interface (implementation)

From: Bean
Subject: Re: [GITGRUB] New menu interface (implementation)
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 20:24:50 +0800

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Michal Suchanek <address@hidden> wrote:
> A panel should never be removed from layout management, it then
> becomes pointless.
>
> A top-aligned panel should be done with alignment, and should be only
> possible in horizontal panels like this:
>
> panel{
>  direction = left_to_right
>  panel{ id ="bb" ;valign = center}
>  panel{ id ="bb" ; valign = top}
>  panel{ id ="bb" ; valign = bottom}
>  }
> }
>
> In a top to bottom or bottom to top the first panel is aligned to
> bottom/top side of the panel automatically.

Hi,

Actually, I just through of a possible issue with children assigned
alignment. For the parent panel, there is a halign property, For
example, if parent width is 50, each child's width is 10, there are
three halign values:

halign = right
b1  b2  b3  empty
10  10  10  20

halign = center
b1  empty b2  empty  b3
10    10    10     10     10

halign = right
empty b1  b2  b3
20      10  10   10

halign is obviously not belonged to children, so you might write it as:

panel{
 direction = left_to_right
 halign = center
 panel{ id ="bb" ;valign = center}
 panel{ id ="bb" ; valign = top}
 panel{ id ="bb" ; valign = bottom}
 }
}

But then there is problem, as panel can be children as well, for example:

panel {
 id = "top"
 direction = top_to_bottom

panel{
 id = "aa"
 direction = left_to_right
 halign = center
 panel{ id ="bb" ;valign = center}
 panel{ id ="bb" ; valign = top}
 panel{ id ="bb" ; valign = bottom}
 }
}
}

In this case, should halign of aa be used to control its own alignment
from top, or that of its children ?

--
Bean

gitgrub home: http://github.com/grub/grub/