grub-devel

Creating an (Apple) EFI bootable media

From: Michal Suchanek
Subject: Creating an (Apple) EFI bootable media
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 17:17:35 +0200

Hello

Is there a way to reproducibly create Grub bootable media (CD, USB
stick) that can be used with Apple efi?

I tried some ways of blessing the boot loader which I found on the net
but none works.

Also the default core image probably lacks some essential parts. I
managed to load it as rEFIt shell command by placing it in the tools
directory but it complained about "prefix" not being defined and I
seemingly had no commands - the help command was not available, and
pressing tab did not show anything.

For some reason I cannot boot rEFIt from external media either but I
can bless rEIFt on the built-in HDD.

I don't know what the Apple bless commnad is supposed to do so I have
no idea if whatever it did was correct.
I suspect different arguments than those advised on the various web
pages are needed when blessing a boot loader on an external medium (as
opposed to the root volume).

Thanks

Michal