grub-devel

Re: [GITGRUB] New menu interface (implementation)

From: Bean
Subject: Re: [GITGRUB] New menu interface (implementation)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 18:19:32 +0800

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 6:13 PM, Michal Suchanek <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2009/9/25 Bean <address@hidden>:

>>> OK, it does but it is quite confusing way of achieving that.
>>>
>>> What do the other possible values give you, though?
>>>
>>> If I set max_colums to 3 then I get rows of 1-3 cells,
>>> non-deterministically. I can't say  in what row or column a particular
>>> cell will be. Is such layout useful for anything?
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> If max_columns = 3, then every row has three widgets, except for the
>> last one, which can have 1 or 2 widgets. We can draw n * 3 tables with
>> it.
>>

> Then it should perhaps be called simply columns.
>
> However, if you start with tables people will start with why doesn't
> this have colspan/rowspan.
>
> And I really can't imagine using tables in the boot menu. What for?

Hi,

For example, we can use large icon to represent boot item, like those
in rEFIt. In this case, we might want to limit the items per line so
that the menu won't get too width. In this case, we can set something
like max_columns = 5. If it has more than 5 icons, it would start in
the second row.

--
Bean

gitgrub home: http://github.com/grub/grub/