grub-devel

patch to replace (UUID=) hack

From: Robert Millan
Subject: patch to replace (UUID=) hack
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 14:02:19 +0200

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 09:56:07AM +0200, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
> Try attached WIP patch

Excellent.  This was quite necessary.  I have to admit my (UUID=) kludge was
a really poor solution (although in that time, the alternatives weren't
so straightforwarded).

I'm inclined to allow this for inclusion in 1.97, since it fixes a problem
that could be seen as a bug (the overhead can be huge, specially in slow
setups).

> -        prefix_drive="(UUID=${uuid})"
> -        modules="$modules fs_uuid"
> +        config="search_fs_uuid ${uuid} root"
> +        modules="$modules search_fs_uuid"

Note we don't need to explicitly include "root" there.  This would save 5
bytes, and make the behaviour a bit more consistent (since root is
implicit afterwards).

--
Robert Millan